Submit a Photo
We are always happy to receive images from friends and neighbors to use on the La Alma/Lincoln Park Neighborhood Association website. In order to ensure that the images sent to us are done legitimately, we have created a few submission guidelines.
- For all pictures, the name, address, phone number, and email address of the person submitting the images must be included. This information will not be made public, but is for our records only.
- If you do want us to use your name on the website to acknowledge the use of your picture (ie. ‘by John Q. Public’), please tell us this when you submit the picture. Only if you agree and if the gallery is configured to display captions and other information will your name appear.
- Any photograph submitted is still the property of the photographer or other copyright holder, and the La Alma/Lincoln Park Neighborhood Association is granted the right to use copies of the image on this website in any manner without compensation. The La Alma/Lincoln Park Neighborhood Association may crop the image in order to make it fit according to the technical requirements of the gallery.
- The larger the picture, the better we can use it. Please do not reduce the image size before submitting it to us.
- Please include as much information about the photo as you can. When and where it was taken, names of persons, objects, buildings and locations that are visible in the image.
- If you want the photo included in a particular gallery, please provide the URL the page on which that gallery is located.
- The person submitting the images must be 18 years of age or older.
- Recent photos must be submitted by the photographer or by someone who has prior permission from the photographer to submit them, and must be the photographer’s original work.
- Anyone submitting a photo where a living person can be identified must submit a release form signed by the person or persons in the photo. (Please scan and submit it separately using this same form.)
- Historic photos may be submitted by anyone as long as there is no current copyright on the photograph.
- Photographs containing a photographer’s watermark or other copyright may not be submitted.
- Do not submit any pictures that contain nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, pornography, illegal activity, or anything else that is offensive in nature. Images in violation of this may be submitted to the authorities for investigation and possible prosecution.
If you believe that a picture on this website violates your copyright, contact the La Alma/Lincoln Park Neighborhood Association immediately with as much information about the picture and its location on the site that you can provide.